What is Terminal in cPanel?
The Terminal interface allows you to directly access a command-line interface (CLI) application in a browser within a cPanel or WHM session. Attention: The commands you enter in this interface can make your server unusable. We strongly recommend that only users with CLI experience use this feature.
How do I open a Terminal server?
Open the “Start” menu, click “Administrative Tools” then click “Server Manager.” Open the “Roles” option in the left panel, then press the “+” symbol next to “Terminal Services.” Click “Terminal Services Manager” to open the Terminal Services Manager program.
How do I access my cPanel shell?
To enable SSH for an existing cPanel account:
- Log in to WHM.
- From the left navigation menu, type in manage shell access in the Search box.
- Select Manage Shell Access.
- Locate the account you wish to modify.
- Select the type of SSH access to be applied on the account — Normal Shell, Jailed Shell, or Disabled Shell.
How do I access the command line?
The quickest way to open a Command Prompt window is through the Power User Menu, which you can access by right-clicking the Windows icon in the bottom-left corner of your screen, or with the keyboard shortcut Windows Key + X. It’ll appear in the menu twice: Command Prompt and Command Prompt (Admin).
How do I login as root in cPanel terminal?
Open a terminal and log into SSH as the root user. You should type either “ssh email@example.com” or “ssh firstname.lastname@example.org“. You may receive something similar to this: “The authenticity of host ‘12.34.
How do I connect to terminal?
Create a Terminal Services connection
- Open Remote Desktop Connection.
- In the Computer box, type the computer name or the IP address of a terminal server or a computer that has Remote Desktop enabled. …
- Select Connect.
- In the logon dialog box, type your user name, password, and domain (if necessary), and then select OK.
How do I open Gnome Terminal?
To quickly open a Terminal window at any time, press Ctrl+Alt+T. A graphical GNOME Terminal window will pop right up.
How do I enable terminal in Godaddy cPanel?
Enable SSH for my Linux Hosting account
- Under Web Hosting, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the account Dashboard, under Settings click Server.
- Next to SSH access, click Manage.
- Click the SSH access switch to turn it on.
How do I access cPanel from Namecheap?
Go to cPanel
- Sign in to your Namecheap account.
- Select the Hosting List menu from the bar on your left:
- You will be redirected to the Hosting Subscriptions page. Find the main domain for the hosting account you want to access and click the Go to cPanel button:
How do I run a sudo command in cPanel?
Add the user to the wheel group.
Once you have a username, you can go to WHM » Manage wheel group users and move the user you’ve just created into the wheel group. This step allows the user access to the sudo command.
How do I access my SSH server?
How to Connect via SSH
- Open the SSH terminal on your machine and run the following command: ssh your_username@host_ip_address. …
- Type in your password and hit Enter. …
- When you are connecting to a server for the very first time, it will ask you if you want to continue connecting.
What is SSH in cPanel?
cPanel offers a feature to manage SSH access to the server. The SSH stands for Secure Shell. It’s a protocol used to access Linux/Unix systems. The SSH will allow you to access the web server via Command Line Interface (CLI). … SSH is also used for file transfer.