How open Apache config file Linux?
- Before you begin. Use aptitude to install Apache on your server running the Ubuntu operating system. …
- View the configuration file. To view the contents of the Apache configuration file, run the following commands: $ cd /etc/apache2 $ ls. …
- Configuration settings. …
- Enable sites and modules.
Where can I find Apache conf?
On most systems if you installed Apache with a package manager, or it came preinstalled, the Apache configuration file is located in one of these locations:
- /etc/apache2/httpd. conf.
- /etc/apache2/apache2. conf.
- /etc/httpd/httpd. conf.
- /etc/httpd/conf/httpd. conf.
Where is Apache config file in Windows?
It is located at:
- UNIX: ORACLE_HOME /Apache/Apache/conf.
- Windows: ORACLE_HOME ApacheApacheconf.
How do I access Apache?
To connect to the server and access the default page, launch a browser and enter this URL:
- http://localhost/ Apache should respond with a welcome page and you should see “It Works!”. …
- http://127.0.0.1/ …
How do I find Apache config syntax?
You can use both apachectl and httpd tool to test your Apache configuration from the terminal.
Steps to test Apache configuration without restarting service:
- Launch your preferred terminal application.
- Edit Apache configuration file using your preferred text editor. …
- Test configuration file syntax using Apache binary.
How do I open etc apache2 apache2 conf?
- Upload the file (via ordinary user) in /var/tmp.
- Login to the terminal.
- Become root: sudo su –
- Make a backup of the original file: cp /etc/apache2/apache2.conf /etc/apache2/apache2.conf_original.
- Copy the new file: cp /var/tmp/apache2.conf /etc/apache2/apache2.conf.
- Restart apache.
Where is Apache config file Mac?
On Mac httpd. conf location is in the directory /etc/apache2 . You can access this folder through the Mac Finder or through the Mac Terminal.
How do I open httpd conf on Mac?
Edit Httpd. conf on Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Open the Terminal application. It’s in the Utilities folder, inside the Applications folder.
- Type in the command below. It will prompt you with “Password:” on the next line.
- Enter your Mac password. The TextEdit application will start with httpd. …
- Edit httpd. …
- Save httpd.
How do I open var www html in Windows?
In a File Browser you can gain access to these files by opening the folders with a file browser with elevated privileges. (for read/write access) Try Alt+F2 and gksudo nautilus , then hit Ctrl+L and write /var/www and hit Enter in order to be directed to the folder.
What is httpd conf file?
The httpd. conf file is the main configuration file for the Apache web server. … It’s highly recommended to run Apache in standalone type for better performance and speed. ServerRoot “/etc/httpd” The option ServerRoot specifies the directory in which the configuration files of the Apache server lives.
Where is Apache config file Centos 7?
One of the main ways Apache functions is through configuration files. They are located at /etc/httpd. Apache has a main configuration file: /etc/httpd/conf/httpd. conf .
Which conf file is Apache using?
apache2. conf or httpd. conf are the primary configuration files. ports.
How do I restart Apache on Windows?
- Click the start button and type CMD (if on Windows Vista or later and Apache is installed as a service make sure this is an elevated command prompt)
- In the command window that appears type cd C:xamppapachebin (the default installation path for Xampp)
- Then type httpd -k restart.
How do I run Apache on Windows?
Install Apache Service
- In your Command Prompt window, enter (or paste) the following command: httpd.exe -k install -n “Apache HTTP Server”
- From your Command Prompt window enter the following command and press ‘Enter.
- Restart your server and open a web browser once you are logged back in.