How do I change the default document root in Apache Centos?
How to Change DocumentRoot Directory on Apache in Linux server
- Step 1 : Configuration of default DocumentRoot for Apache. The Documentroot is a root folder for your site where the browser will look for contents to fetch in browser. …
- Step 2 : Change the document root path. …
- Step 3 : Restart Apache service.
How do I change the root to CWP?
You can do it in following way: Open the file /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd. conf using any text editor (vi or nano)and go to the virtualhost section of the domain name for which you want to change the DocumentRoot. Save the file.
What is the name of the file where we can change the document root in Apache?
I ended up figuring it out. Some suggested I change the httpd. conf file, but I ended up finding a file in /etc/apache2/sites-available/default and changed the root directory from /var/www to /home/myusername/projects_folder and that worked.
What is the default location for keeping the Web pages in Apache?
The data for websites you’ll run with Apache is located in /var/www by default, but you can change that if you want.
How do I change the path of a document root?
Changing the document root for Addon domains is easy. Simply log into your cPanel and navigate to: Domains >> Addon domains. Next, edit the Addon domain path. To do so, simply click the edit icon next to the path, and type in your new path.
Where is the Apache root directory in Windows?
The default for Apache is C:Program FilesApache Software Foundationhtdocs , for instance, but it completely depends on your configuration.
How do I change document root in cPanel?
Document Root Changes
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the Domains section, click the Addon Domains or Subdomains icon, depending on which you’d like to modify.
- Locate the addon domain (or subdomain) you wish to modify.
- Click the pencil icon next to the current document root for the domain you wish to modify.
What’s the command to stop Apache?
- Log in as the application user.
- Type apcb.
- If apache was run as the application user: Type ./apachectl stop.
How do I install Apache 2.4 on Windows 10?
Option 2: To install it as a service:
- Open Windows Power Shell.
- Open Windows Power Shell as administrator PS > Start-Process PowerShell -Verb RunAs.
- Install the service PS > cd C:Apache24bin PS > .httpd.exe -k install.
- Start the service PS > .httpd.exe -k start. …
- Open http:localhost or http:127.0.0.1 in brwoser.