Where is DNS management in cPanel?
First of all, login to your cPanel account (http://server-ip-address:2083). After logging in, click on the Zone Editor option under the Domains heading. You can click on the manage button to add, edit, delete DNS records for your domain.
How do I change DNS records?
Modify an existing DNS Record
- Select the domain you’re modifying from the drop-down box.
- Under Zone File Records find the record you wish to modify.
- Click the Edit button.
- Enter any changes you wish to make.
- Click Save.
How do I export DNS records in cPanel?
Step 1 – You will need to use the cPanel Backup Wizard to make a Full Backup of your cPanel account (click here for a guide). Download the backup to your computer once it’s complete. Step 2 – Open the backup file using a program like WinRAR or 7zip and extract the files.
How do I configure DNS?
- Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Advanced > Private DNS.
- Select Private DNS provider hostname.
- Enter dns.google as the hostname of the DNS provider.
- Click Save.
How do I export DNS records?
Click on the domain name you wish to export records for. Click DNS Records, on the left. On the top right hand corner, above the DNS records, click Export DNS Records (CSV). This will start the download which you can then save onto your computer or device.
How do I enable zone editor in cPanel?
How to Enable Advanced DNS Editor in WHM
- Log into WHM.
- Go to the ‘Packages’ option from the WHM.
- Select the ‘Feature Manager’ tool under ‘Packages’ section.
- Select the feature template list which you want to edit from the ‘Manage Feature List’ option.
- Click the button ‘Edit’ to manage the feature list.
How do I download a DNS zone file?
How to Download Your Zone File
- Log in to your Managed DNS account.
- Under the Overview or Managed DNS menu tab, find the zone for the file download. Click Manage on the far right to select the zone.
- In the Simple Editor, select the Zone Reports sub-menu tab.
- The Zone File download is listed under Zone Graphs and Reports.
What does changing your DNS to 8.8 8.8 do?
8.8 and 8.8. 4.4. Google promises a secure DNS connection, hardened against attacks, as well as speed benefits. Founded in 2005, OpenDNS has been offering secure DNS even longer.
How do I change DNS settings in Linux?
Change your DNS servers on Linux
- Open the terminal by pressing Ctrl + T.
- Enter the following command to become the root user: su.
- Once you’ve entered your root password, run these commands: rm -r /etc/resolv.conf. …
- When the text editor opens, type in the following lines: nameserver 188.8.131.52. …
- Close and save the file.
Is changing DNS safe?
Switching from your current DNS server to another one is very safe and will never harm your computer or device. … It might be because the DNS server isn’t offering you enough features that some of the best DNS public/private servers offer, such as privacy, parental controls, and high redundancy.