How can I block YouTube on my PC?
To block YouTube using site settings, follow the steps below:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Go to YouTube.
- Click on the lock icon on the left side of the URL.
- Choose “Site settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to “Your device use.”
- Click on the “Ask (default)” box.
- Select “Block.”
How do I block YouTube on Windows 10 host file?
How to Block YouTube on Windows 10 (or Any Website)
- What is a hosts file?
- Step 1: First & foremost, you’d have to navigate to your hosts file. …
- Step 2: Assign the loop-back IP address of 127.0.0.1 to the sites you want to block.
- Step 3: Save your file. …
- Step 1: Search for notepad in your start menu.
How do I block websites with hosts?
How to Block Websites Using Hosts File in Windows (Guide)
- Open Notepad as an Administrator. …
- Right click on Notepad and press Run as administrator.
- If your User Account Control dialogue box opens up asking “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?”, …
- Open the Hosts File.
How do I block a YouTube channel on Chrome?
1. Open Chrome and go to youtube.com. 2. When you find a video or channel that you want to block, right-click on the thumbnail and select “Block videos from this channel.”
How do I block YouTube on Chrome without extension?
#4 How to block YouTube on Chromebook without extensions
- On your Chrome OS device, go to Settings.
- On the left, click Apps.
- Click the Turn on button next to Google Play Store.
- Click Accept on the Google Play apps and services screen.
- On the Chromebook shelf, click the Google Play icon to launch it.
Can I block YouTube on Windows 10?
Windows 10 has built-in parental controls that you can use to block undesirable websites through the Microsoft Edge web browser. … Note that you can set this up using any internet browser, but once you do, the sites will only be blocked in Microsoft Edge — any other browser will be unaffected.
How do I block YouTube from my registry?
How to Use the Registry to Block Websites
- Press “Windows-R,” type “regedit” in the Run box and press “Enter.” …
- Using the folder structure on the left side, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet SettingsZoneMapDomains. …
- Click on the “Domains” folder.
How do you block all websites except one using hosts file?
Can you block all websites except one in router?
- Access your router’s settings by logging in.
- Find the parental controls, web filtering or similar settings. …
- There should be two filtering types: the blacklist and the whitelist. …
- Add specific websites or URLs to the whitelist one by one.
- Save your settings.
How do I edit the hosts file in Windows 10?
Windows 10 and Windows 8
- Press the Windows key.
- Type Notepad in the search field.
- In the search results, right-click Notepad and select Run as administrator.
- From Notepad, open the following file: c:WindowsSystem32Driversetchosts.
- Make the necessary changes to the file.
- Select File > Save to save your changes.
How do you block websites on a computer?
- Open the browser and go to Tools (alt+x) > Internet Options. Now click the security tab and then click the red Restricted sites icon. Click the Sites button below the icon.
- Now in the pop-up, manually type the websites you want to block one-by-one. Click Add after typing the name of each site.