Where is my cPanel name server?
To locate your name servers in cPanel:
- Log in to your cPanel. Your cPanel credentials are provided in your Welcome email. …
- In your cPanel homepage, look for the General Information section on the right side.
- Your name servers are listed under Primary Nameserver and Secondary Nameserver.
How do I change my cPanel server name?
To change your hostname, perform the following steps:
- Enter the new hostname into the New Hostname text box. …
- Click Change. …
- After the system changes your hostname, scroll to the bottom of the interface and click Add An A Entry for your hostname.
What is a cPanel name server?
Nameservers are a part of Domain Name System. … These DNS servers keep the records of which domain is connected to which IP address. Nameservers allow us to use a domain instead of IP address of the DNS server.
Where can I change the name servers?
Set up more name servers:
- On your computer, sign in to Google Domains.
- Select the name of your domain.
- At the top left, click Menu. DNS.
- At the top of the page, click Custom. …
- In the “Name Servers” field, enter a custom name server. …
- Click Add Add another name server.
How do I find my name server?
2. Use WHOIS Lookup Tool to Find Current Nameservers
- Type “.tld WHOIS lookup” on Google (e.g., .xyz WHOIS lookup).
- From there, choose your preferred tool. …
- Insert your website domain and hit the WHOIS lookup button.
- After completing reCAPTCHA, find your domain nameservers from the WHOIS search page.
How do I find server configuration in cPanel?
How to check server information in cPanel
- Log into your cPanel account (you can find the cPanel username and password in the Welcome Email you received from your host)
- On the right side of the cPanel click the Server Information link.
How do I set up a name server?
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings.
- Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. …
- Select the Networking tab. …
- Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. …
- Click OK.
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses.
How do I change my DNS in cPanel?
How To Update DNS Records
- Log in to cPanel.
- Look for the Domains section, click Zone Editor.
- On the next page, locate the domain name you need to edit.
- Click Manage to view the domain’s complete set of DNS records.
- Locate the DNS record you wish to update.
- Make the necessary updates.
How do I change my IP address in cPanel?
Go to Home >> Main >> Server Configuration >> Basic cPanel & WHM Setup menu and click All Tab. Change the IP address in the Nameservers section and save changes.
How do I remove nameserver from cPanel?
Delete DNS records from WHM and cPanel
- Log into your WHM account.
- In the search box type in: DNS.
- Select “Edit DNS Zone”
- Find the entry you want to delete. …
- From the record selector drop down box – change the record type from “A” to “Select”
- This will now remove the record type from the screen:
How do I connect my domain to cPanel?
Log into your hosting cPanel. Click on Addon Domains, located under the Domains section. Enter in the domain in the New Domain Name section. Once the domain is entered, click The Subdomain field and the Document Root (usually public_html/domain.com) will automatically fill in.
How do I change nameservers on siteground?
As long as your domain is registered through SiteGround there will be no problem to change its name servers. This can be done from Client Area > Services > Domains > Manage. Click on Manage nameserver and modify the NS records for your domain and then click Confirm to save the changes.
What happens if I change name server?
A name server is similar to a telephone switchboard. … When you change your name servers, the Internet looks to the new name server location to provide information related to your domain, including web site and email services.