What is Apache Lounge?
Apache Lounge is all about the Apache Web Server provided by the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) HTTPD Server Project. Apache Lounge has provided up-to-date Windows binaries and popular third-party modules for more than 10 years. … and more and more commercial software is packaged with our binaries and modules.
How do I uninstall apache24 from Windows 10?
Click the Windows “Start” button and select “Computer.” Double-click the “C:” drive icon and then navigate to the folder containing your Apache installation (“C:Program Files” by default). Right-click the “Apache Group” folder and select “Delete.”
How do I turn off Apache in Windows 10?
If you don’t have Apache installed as a service, the window will remain visible until you stop Apache by pressing Control-C in the console window where Apache is running in. The server will exit in a few seconds.
How do I use Apache server?
How to Set Up Apache Server in Linux
- Update your system repositories. This involves downloading the most recent version of a software by updating the Ubuntu repositories’ local package index. …
- Install Apache by using the “apt” command. For this example, let’s use Apache2. …
- Verify Apache has been successfully installed.
What version of Apache do I have Windows?
Navigate to your XAMPP folder, enter your Apache folder, enter your bin folder, right click on httpd.exe. The tabs on the top will be General/ Compatibility/ Details/ Previous Versions, we want the Details tab and there it will list the File version and Product version.
Can I delete Apache?
If you no longer need Apache, you can uninstall it from your system. Uninstalling the Apache server frees valuable system resources. Before you actually uninstall Apache, you need to remove the Apache service.
How do I completely remove httpd?
How to remove httpd completely from server
- Use yum list installed “httpd*” to list all the httpd packages.
- Now use yum list installed “mod_” to list all modules that helps httpd.
- Remove all the listed packages with yum remove command.
- Once its removed, delete the user and group called “apache” .
How do I completely remove Apache?
run apt-get purge apache2 .
A very simple and straightforward way that worked for me is as follows:
- Stop apache2 . …
- Uninstall Apache2 and its dependent packages. …
- Use autoremove option to get rid of other dependencies. …
- Check whether there are any configuration files that have not been removed.
Why Apache is used?
Apache functions as a way to communicate over networks from client to server using the TCP/IP protocol. Apache can be used for a wide variety of protocols, but the most common is HTTP/S.
What is Apache software?
As a Web server, Apache is responsible for accepting directory (HTTP) requests from Internet users and sending them their desired information in the form of files and Web pages. Much of the Web’s software and code is designed to work along with Apache’s features.
What is Apache and why it is used?
Apache is the most widely used web server software. Developed and maintained by Apache Software Foundation, Apache is an open source software available for free. It runs on 67% of all webservers in the world. It is fast, reliable, and secure. … Most WordPress hosting providers use Apache as their web server software.