How do I start Apache from command line?
- Click the start button and type CMD (if on Windows Vista or later and Apache is installed as a service make sure this is an elevated command prompt)
- In the command window that appears type cd C:xamppapachebin (the default installation path for Xampp)
- Then type httpd -k restart.
How do I start Apache on Windows?
You can also run Apache via the shortcut Start Apache in Console placed to Start Menu –> Programs –> Apache HTTP Server 2.0. xx –> Control Apache Server during the installation. This will open a console window and start Apache inside it.
How do I make sure Apache is running?
Apache HTTP web server
Go to http://server-ip:80 on your web browser. A page saying your Apache server is running properly should show up. This command will show whether Apache is running or has stopped.
How do I fix failed to start Apache server?
1 Answer. The reason Apache fails to start is because something is already listening on the port/ip combination. The log entries of “Address already in use” indicate this. You need to identify what other service is running on those ports and then go and shut it off before turning on Apache.
How do I start Apache in pi?
Set up Apache Web Server on a Raspberry Pi
- STEP-01: Install the OS. Hook up the keyboard and mouse to the Pi and connect it to an HDMI monitor. …
- STEP-02: Check the network address. …
- STEP-03: Update your Pi and install Apache. …
- STEP-04: Add PHP and MySQL (optional) …
- STEP-05: Test Apache. …
- STEP-06: Start building your site.
How do I set up Apache?
You can install Apache anywhere, such as a portable USB drive (useful for client demonstrations).
- Step 1: Configure IIS. …
- Step 2: Download the files. …
- Step 3: Extract the Files. …
- Step 4: Configure Apache. …
- Step 4: Change the Web Page Root (optional) …
- Step 5: Test your Installation. …
- Step 6: install Apache as a Windows service.
How do I start httpd?
You can also start httpd using /sbin/service httpd start . This starts httpd but does not set the environment variables. If you are using the default Listen directive in httpd. conf , which is port 80, you will need to have root privileges to start the apache server.
How do I restart a Windows web server?
Open IIS Manager and navigate to the web server node in the tree. In the Actions pane, click Start if you want to start the web server, Stop if you want to stop the web server, or Restart if you want to first stop IIS, and then start it again.
What is the command to ensure Apache starts on boot up?
local file with apachectl -k start (the command to start Apache).
How do I restart httpd?
You can use the service or systemctl command to restart httpd server. Another option is use /etc/init. d/httpd service script.
Why Apache server is not working?
first go to in configure httpd. conf folder in apache and open change the port value 80 instead of 8080 ( two place u need to check in code ) . then go to services (click ur start button and type this in ” search programs and file “) and then search for “Web Deployment Agent Service”and stop it.
How do I fix Apache?
With a few simple modifications, you should be able to fix the problem and get Apache up and running again.
How to Fix the XAMPP Error “Apache Shutdown Unexpectedly” in macOS
- Step 1: Open the XAMPP Apache Configuration. …
- Step 2: Open the Conf File. …
- Step 3: Update the Port Settings. …
- Step 4: Restart Apache.
How do I check Apache version?
How to Check the Apache Version
- Open terminal application on your Linux, Windows/WSL or macOS desktop.
- Login to remote server using the ssh command.
- To see Apache version on a Debian/Ubuntu Linux, run: apache2 -v.
- For CentOS/RHEL/Fedora Linux server, type command: httpd -v.