How do I start Apache server on Linux?
Install Apache server
- Run the following command to install Apache. # apt-get install apache2.
- Run the following command to start the Apache process. # /etc/init.d/apache2 start.
- Verify that the service is running by executing the following command. # /etc/init.d/apache2 status.
- Run the following command to restart Apache.
How do I start httpd from command line?
You can also start httpd using /sbin/service httpd start . This starts httpd but does not set the environment variables. If you are using the default Listen directive in httpd. conf , which is port 80, you will need to have root privileges to start the apache server.
How do I start Apache server on Mac terminal?
Start, stop or restart Apache 2 Web Server from terminal on Mac…
- Start Apache server command: sudo /usr/sbin/apachectl start. or sudo apachectl start.
- Stop Apache server command: sudo /usr/sbin/apachectl stop. or sudo apachectl stop.
- Restart Apache server command: sudo /usr/sbin/apachectl restart. or sudo apachectl restart.
How do I access Apache?
To connect to the server and access the default page, launch a browser and enter this URL:
- http://localhost/ Apache should respond with a welcome page and you should see “It Works!”. …
- http://127.0.0.1/ …
How do I set up Apache?
You can install Apache anywhere, such as a portable USB drive (useful for client demonstrations).
- Step 1: Configure IIS. …
- Step 2: Download the files. …
- Step 3: Extract the Files. …
- Step 4: Configure Apache. …
- Step 4: Change the Web Page Root (optional) …
- Step 5: Test your Installation. …
- Step 6: install Apache as a Windows service.
How do I run Apache on Termux?
Setting Apache2 HTTP Server
- Start termux anew, then enter $ ./start-ubuntu.sh to enter into Ubuntu shell.
- Use apt to install Apache2 like.
How do I fix failed to start Apache server?
1 Answer. The reason Apache fails to start is because something is already listening on the port/ip combination. The log entries of “Address already in use” indicate this. You need to identify what other service is running on those ports and then go and shut it off before turning on Apache.
How do I start Apache Tomcat on Windows?
Starting the server on Windows
- Click the Start menu and right-click Computer and select Manage.
- Expand Configuration and click Services.
- Right-click the Tomcat service and select Start.
How do I start and stop Apache on Mac?
Mac OS X Start / Stop / Restart Apache Web Server
- To stop Apache web server, enter: sudo apachectl stop. …
- To start Apache web server again, enter: …
- To restart apache web server, enter: …
- To run a configuration file syntax test. …
- To reload apache web server after editing the config file. …
- Sample session from above commands.
Where is Apache in Mac?
By default, the Apache Virtual Host configuration on Mac OS X is located in a single file: /etc/apache2/extra/httpd-vhosts. conf . You need to edit the Apache configuration to include this file and enable virtual hosts.
How do I know if Apache is running on my Mac?
Enable Apache on Mac OS X
- Verify if apache is running by accessing http://localhost:
- If you get “This site can’t be reached”, you need to start apache, just type, sudo apachectl start and press enter:
- Verify localhost again:
- if you see “It works!” apache is running.