What is the command to restart Apache?
Debian/Ubuntu Linux Specific Commands to Start/Stop/Restart Apache
- Restart Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 restart. $ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart. …
- To stop Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 stop. …
- To start Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 start.
How do I restart Apache Web server?
- To restart: sudo service apache2 restart|stop|start.
- To stop: sudo service apache2 stop.
- To start: sudo service apache2 start.
How do I restart Apache on Windows?
- Click the start button and type CMD (if on Windows Vista or later and Apache is installed as a service make sure this is an elevated command prompt)
- In the command window that appears type cd C:xamppapachebin (the default installation path for Xampp)
- Then type httpd -k restart.
Do you need to restart Apache?
No, you will not need to restart Apache. You will need to “hard refresh” your web page to see the changes. … Alternatively, you can clear your browser’s cache, close the browser, relaunch the browser, and try your web page again.
How do I start Apache on boot?
The init script is typically /etc/init. d/apache2 where you could manually run /etc/init. d/apache2 start to start it.
How do I run Apache on Termux?
Setting Apache2 HTTP Server
- Start termux anew, then enter $ ./start-ubuntu.sh to enter into Ubuntu shell.
- Use apt to install Apache2 like.
How do I stop httpd?
You can also stop httpd using /sbin/service httpd stop . The restart option is a shorthand way of stopping and then starting the Apache HTTP Server.
How do I restart my web server?
Stop or restart the Webserver
- For Windows, go to the Start menu, select Administrative Tools > Services, locate “NetApp SANtricity Web Services,” and then select either Stop or Restart.
- For Linux, choose the method of stopping and restarting the Webserver for your operating system version.
How do I turn off Apache on Windows?
If you don’t have Apache installed as a service, the window will remain visible until you stop Apache by pressing Control-C in the console window where Apache is running in. The server will exit in a few seconds.
How do I make sure Apache is running?
Apache HTTP web server
Go to http://server-ip:80 on your web browser. A page saying your Apache server is running properly should show up. This command will show whether Apache is running or has stopped.
How do I fix failed to start Apache server?
1 Answer. The reason Apache fails to start is because something is already listening on the port/ip combination. The log entries of “Address already in use” indicate this. You need to identify what other service is running on those ports and then go and shut it off before turning on Apache.
How do I start Apache on Windows?
Install Apache Service
- In your Command Prompt window, enter (or paste) the following command: httpd.exe -k install -n “Apache HTTP Server”
- From your Command Prompt window enter the following command and press ‘Enter.
- Restart your server and open a web browser once you are logged back in.