How do you reset a nutanix Ahv host?
Restarting the Nodes in the Cluster (AHV)
- Click the gear icon in the main menu and then select Reboot in the Settings page.
- In the Request Reboot window, select the nodes you want to restart, and click Reboot. Request Reboot. A progress bar is displayed that indicates the progress of the restart of each node.
How do I change my AHV hostname?
- Log on to any CVM in the cluster with SSH.
- Change the hostname of the AHV host. nutanix@cvm$ change_ahv_hostname –host_ip= host-IP-address –host_name= new-host-name. Replace host-IP-address with the IP address of the host whose name you want to change and new-host-name with the new hostname for the AHV host.
How do I factory reset my nutanix?
Using IPMI WebUI
- Log in to the IPMI WebUI.
- Navigate to “Maintenance —> Factory Default” as below:
- Click on “Restore”.
- Click on “OK”
- Click on “OK”.
- Wait for at least 1 minute.
- IPMI WebUI will ask you to open a new session. Click on “OK” and log back into the IPMI WebUI.
What is Ahv host?
AHV host maintenance mode is used to safely migrate all the user VMs (virtual machines) in the host and make sure none of the VMs are running on the node. When CVM maintenance mode is activated, the CVM will not participate in the Nutanix cluster.
How do I access CVM from AHV?
Log in to the AHV host with SSH, and run the virsh list –all | grep CVM command to find the name of the CVM. Make a note of the CVM name in the second column. * Replace CVM_name with the name of the CVM that you found from the preceding command. Then run the cluster start command to start the cluster.
How do I turn off nutanix Ahv hosting?
- Using SSH, log on to the Controller VM on the host you want to shut down.
- Shut down the Controller VM. nutanix@cvm$ cvm_shutdown -P now.
How do I change my hostname on nutanix CVM?
To change Nutanix CVM’s ( Controller VM ) hostname and/or ( Nutanix Controller VM ) name is possible through command line only. Note: When you change Nutanix CVM hostname, will not reflect in prism. You need to run ‘hostname’ command on each Nutanix CVM.
How do you rename a nutanix node?
Rename Nutanix AHV Host Name
- SSH to the AHV nodes and run command.
- Need to update the host name in the config file.
- Repeat steps for all the nodes.
- Restart acropolis service.
How do I unlock my nutanix admin account?
Local admin account can be unlocked by logging into a CVM with nutanix user and resetting the password for the admin user.
How do I change my AHV root password?
- Log on to the AHV host using the admin account with SSH.
- Run the sudo command to change to root user.
- Change the root password. root@ahv# passwd root.
- Respond to the prompts and provide the current and new root password. Changing password for root.
How do I reset my nutanix password?
- Log in to the CVM using admin user.
- Using the following command trigger change of password for the user nutanix: admin@CVM$ sudo passwd nutanix [sudo] password for admin:
- Validate new password settings by logging in with new credentials.