How do I make Apache more secure by hiding a folder?
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
conf file for this site in /etc/apache2/sites-available (and linked it to /etc/apache2/sites-enabled). Open that . conf file in your favorite editor and in the Directory section change AllowOverride None to AllowOverride All. Save and close the file.
How do I secure a specific URL in Apache?
How to Secure Specific URL in Apache
- Setup IP Based Restriction on Specific URL. First edit apache configuration file and add below entry in VirtualHost. This will allow /admin url to 192.168. …
- Setup User Authentication on Specific URL. Edit Apache configuration file and add below entry in website VirtualHost section.
Does Apache have a firewall?
At the Apache level, a module named mod_security can be seen as a HTTP firewall and, provided you configure it finely enough, can help you enhance your dynamic content security.
Which Web server is more secure IIS or Apache?
Enhanced security. Since Apache was developed for a non-Microsoft operating system, and the majority of malicious programs have traditionally been written to take advantage of vulnerabilities in Windows, Apache has always enjoyed a reputation as a more secure option than Microsoft’s IIS.
What’s the command to stop Apache?
- Log in as the application user.
- Type apcb.
- If apache was run as the application user: Type ./apachectl stop.
How do I hide a website folder or prevent it from indexing?
Steps to Preventing a Directory Listing
- Get Your Existing . htaccess File, If Any. …
- Make a Backup of the . htaccess File. …
- Create or Open the . htaccess File. …
- Disable Indexing. Add the following line to your . …
- Saving and Uploading the File. Once you’re done with disabling the directory listing in the . …
- Test Your Site.
What is better Apache or nginx?
NGINX performs 2.5 times faster than Apache according to a benchmark test performed by running up to 1,000 simultaneous connections. Another benchmark running with 512 simultaneous connections, showed that NGINX is about twice as fast and consumed less memory.
How do I make a URL password protected?
To password protect a URL go to Site Tools > Security > Protected URLs > URLs. Choose the Domain and fill in the Path to the URL. If you do not have any users created you will be prompted to provide a user and password, which will be used to access the protected URL.
How do I create a .htpasswd file?
Creating the . htpasswd file
- Log into your server via SSH.
- Create an .htpasswd file in the directory you wish to password protect using the the htpasswd utility. …
- Enter the password for the user. …
- Run it again (without the -c option) for any other users you wish to allow access to your directory.
What is Apache firewall?
The purpose of a firewall is to prevent the Internet from connecting to arbitrary machines or services on your own LAN/WAN. … Another purpose, depending on your environment, may be to stop users on your LAN from roaming freely around the Internet.
How do I know if my firewall is blocking port 80?
Checking Windows Firewall for blocked ports
- Launch Command Prompt.
- Run netstat -a -n.
- Check to see if the specific port is listed. If it is, then it means that the server is listening on that port.