Choose the virtual machine and select Player > Manage > Virtual Machine Settings:
- Go to the Options tab and select the Shared Folders option:
- Under Folder sharing, choose a sharing option. …
- The Add Shared Folder Wizard opens. …
- Type the path on the host system to the directory you want to share and specify its name:
How to share folders between Windows and Ubuntu using VMware Player
- Create a folder in your Windows file system that you want to use as the share. …
- Power down the VM shutting down Ubuntu.
- Select your VM in VMware Player and click Edit virtual machine settings.
- In the Options tab click Shared Folders in the left hand pane.
Viewing Shared Folders in a Windows Guest
The Windows desktop icon does not display an option for Entire Network. For example, if you specify the name Test files for one of your shared folders, you can navigate to it by opening My Network Places > VMware Shared Folders > . host > Shared Folders > Test files.
After the VMware tools are installed, open the “Player” menu, point to the “Manage” menu, and then select the “Virtual Machine Settings” option. In the “Virtual Machine Settings” window, switch to the “Options” tab and select the “Shared Folders” setting on the left-hand side.
Open the Oracle VM VirtualBox manager on your host machine, select the target guest OS, and click Settings . Note that your guest machine does NOT need to be powered off. Select Shared Holders , and click the Plus button to add a shared folder. Note that you can have more than 1 shared folder.
To set up one or more shared folders for a virtual machine, be sure the virtual machine is open in Workstation and click its tab to make it the active virtual machine. Choose VM > Settings > Options and click Shared folders. You can add one or more directories to the list.
Setting Up the Shared Folder
- Select the guest machine you wish to share files with.
- Click Settings > Shared Folders.
- Right-click and select Add Shared Folder and use the following settings: Folder Path: Click the dropdown arrow, select Other, and navigate to the folder you would like to share. …
- Click OK.
Create a shared folder on VirtualBox
- Open VirtualBox.
- Right-click the virtual machine and select the Settings option. …
- Click on Shared Folders.
- Click the Add new shared folder button from the top-right corner.
- In the “Folder path” field, confirm the path for the local folder you want to share with the device.
- Select the virtual machine and select Player > Manage > Virtual Machine Settings.
- On the Options tab, select Shared Folders.
- Select a folder sharing option. …
- (Optional) To map a drive to the Shared Folders directory, select Map as a network drive in Windows guests. …
- Click Add to add a shared folder.
Create a shared folder. From Virtual menu go to Devices->Shared Folders then add a new folder in the list, this folder should be the one in windows which you want to share with Ubuntu(Guest OS). Make this created folder auto-mount. Example -> Make a folder on Desktop with name Ubuntushare and add this folder.
- Launch VMware Fusion.
- Power on the virtual machine.
- Click Virtual Machine > Settings.
- Click Sharing.
- In Fusion 10. x, 8. x and 7. x select Enable Shared Folders. In Fusion 6. x, 5. x and 4. …
- Click the + button.
- Browse to the folder on the Mac that will be shared with the virtual machine and click Add.
The steps for achieving that are highlighted below.
- Step 1: Add a hyper v shared folder. Create a shared folder on the Hyper V host. …
- Step 2: Turn File and Printer Sharing on. Go to the virtual machine that runs on the host. …
- Step 3: Start the virtual machine. …
- Step 4: Run the Command.