Where is index file in cPanel?
2 Answers. If it is a WordPress website, the index file should be under this directory: /website-root/wp-content/themes/ . The theme, that’s active on your website should be mentioned under Appearance > Themes.
How do I create an index page in cPanel?
This article will guide you to set the custom index page from cPanel.
- Login to cPanel.
- Under Files section, locate and click on File Manager option.
- Navigate to your website folder (public_html or sub directory) and search for the . htaccess file. …
- Right click on . …
- Add following line at top of this file and save the .
What is index file in cPanel?
Advertisements. You can customize the way a directory looks in your website. By default, cPanel displays the list of files and directories, if there is no index file in that directory. You can choose the way it displays the list of contents in the front-end.
How do you change the name of an index HTML file?
Click the checkbox next to the file you want to rename. Scroll to the top then click the Rename link. In the New Name field, enter the new name for your file (index. html) then click the Rename button.
How do I change my default index page?
Changing your Default Index File via htaccess
- Log into your cPanel.
- Find the Files category and click on the File Manager icon.
- Click Settings at the top right corner.
- Select the document root for the domain you are working with and be sure the checkbox next to Show Hidden Files is checked. …
- Look for the .
How do I use index PHP instead of index HTML?
A default Web page is the page that opens when you navigate to a domain without the Web page specified.
- Right-click the HTML file you want to convert. …
- Type “index. …
- Upload the file to your Web host. …
- Set the new index.php file as the default Web page.
What is file manager in cPanel?
cPanel File Manager gives you useful options to quickly manage your files within the cPanel interface. It’s easy to use and it removes the hassles of using FTP. You can create, upload, modify or remove files from this interface. … To open the file manager, click on File Manager in the Files section.
How do you create an index file?
To create an index file
- On the File menu, click New, and then click Index.
- Add keywords to the index (. hhk) file you have created. If you plan to use your index only on a Web site, you can create a site map index.
How do I edit an index HTML file?
Edit an existing HTML file in File Manager
- Sign in to your My Services page.
- Click the Web Hosting link.
- On the Create & Update page, under File Management Tools, click the File Manager link.
- Click the Edit icon to the right of the HTML file’s name.
- The file will open in the HTML Editor, where you can make your changes.
Where do I create index HTML?
To create an index for a Web site
- Create an index file.
- Create the HTML file that will contain your index.
- Place your cursor at the location where you want the index file to appear, and then click HTML Help ActiveX Control. …
- In the Specify the command box, click Index, and then follow the instructions on your screen.