How do I change the domain directory in cPanel?
But cPanel offers a feature where website owners can change the default document root for addon domain during creation or after creating it from the cPanel. To change the root directory of Addon domain, in the cPanel -> “Domains” section, click the Addon Domain and update the new document root in the popup window.
How do I change my website directory?
Changing your domain’s web directory
Click the Edit link to the right of your domain, under the Web Hosting column. Under the section Users, Files, and Paths, find the Web directory text field. In the text field, enter the new directory on the server you want to load this domain from. For example: example.com/blog.
Where is root directory in cPanel?
In the cPanel Home page, in the Domains section, click either Subdomains or Addon Domains. In the Modify Addon Domain or Modify a Subdomain section, the root directory appears below Document Root.
What is home directory in cPanel?
A home directory is a unique directory designated for your usage. It may contain a variety of content including, scripts, symlinks, raw data, configuration files, and the publich_html folder. The home directory contains your cPanel username on the server. Please replace yourusername with your cPanel username.
What is addon domains in cPanel?
The addon domain function in cPanel allows you to host additional domains on your HostPapa account. Each addon domain will appear to be a separate website to your visitors.
How do I change Publicnhtml in cPanel?
To do this, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel. …
- In the FILES section of the cPanel home screen, click File Manager:
- In the left sidebar, click the public_html folder. …
- In the list of files, right-click . …
- Copy and paste the following text into the .htaccess file. …
- Click Save Changes, and then click Close.
How do I change the root path in cPanel?
To change the document root folder:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the Domains section, click the Addon Domains or Subdomains icon, depending on which you’d like to modify.
- Locate the addon domain (or subdomain) you wish to modify.
- Click the pencil icon next to the current document root for the domain you wish to modify.
How are roots and directories changed?
How to change directory in Linux terminal
- To return to the home directory immediately, use cd ~ OR cd.
- To change into the root directory of Linux file system, use cd / .
- To go into the root user directory, run cd /root/ as root user.
- To navigate up one directory level up, use cd ..
How do I cd to the root directory?
To navigate into the root directory, use “cd /” To navigate to your home directory, use “cd” or “cd ~” To navigate up one directory level, use “cd ..” To navigate to the previous directory (or back), use “cd -“