How do I access my addon domain in cPanel?
Log into your hosting cPanel. Click on Addon Domains, located under the Domains section. Enter in the domain in the New Domain Name section. Once the domain is entered, click The Subdomain field and the Document Root (usually public_html/domain.com) will automatically fill in.
How do I set up an addon domain?
To Set up an Addon Domain
Log in to cPanel. In the “Domains” section, click the “addon Domains” link or icon. Enter the addon domain’s name in the “New Domain Name” text box. cPanel will automatically populate the “Subdomain” and “Document Root” text boxes.
How do I add multiple Domains to cPanel?
How To Add An Add-On Domain In cPanel
- Login to cPanel.
- Click on Add-on Domains.
- Enter the New Domain Name (the subdomain and document root will automatically populate)
- Click Add Domain.
- Set the domain’s name servers to the same for your hosting account (found inside the NameHero client portal)
How do I add an addon domain to cPanel namecheap?
If the domain name is pointed to our hosting nameservers, it can be added to your hosting account right away.
- Log into your cPanel. …
- Navigate to the Domains section >> the Addon Domains menu: …
- Enter the necessary information in the Create an Addon Domain section. …
- Click Add domain.
How do I access my addon domain?
The path to an addon domain is public_html/addondomain.com and can be accessed via File Manager or FTP.
Any easy way to access this folder is to:
- Log into cPanel.
- Click the Addon Domains icon.
- Click the link under Document Root to be taken to the correct folder in File Manager.
How do I point my domain to cPanel?
How do I add the addon domain to cPanel?
- Enter the domain name in the New Domain Name field. …
- Ensure the FTP username is appropriate in the next field. …
- Make sure that the document root is in the appropriate place. …
- Enter and confirm the password you want to use with this domain in the appropriate fields.
What is the difference between domain and addon domain?
The difference between the Primary domain and an Addon domain’s functionality only has to do with the organization of their files; A primary domain doesn’t have any additional benefits over a parked or addon domain. To know more about this process, please read How To Change Your Primary Domain.
How do addon domains work?
An addon domain is a fully functional domain name that can be attached to a web hosting account via a control panel such as cPanel. The functionality of an addon domain name allows you to essentially create additional hosting services, websites, within the same control panel as your primary domain.
How do I change my main domain in cPanel?
Step 1 – Log into WHM and Select the List Accounts option. Step 2 – Click on the + icon next to the domain you wish to change, then click on the Modify Account button. Step 3 – Update the Primary Domain field to the new domain. Note: We highly recommend NOT changing the cPanel username.
How do I add multiple domains to one host?
While you may believe that you need to have a separate hosting account for every single domain that you own, the fact is you can manage them with a single account. All you need to do is sign up for the right hosting plan that allows you to support and manage multiple websites from just one hosting account.
Pointing two URLs to the same website is a good way to direct traffic to your site from several different domain names. You can accomplish this in two ways: either redirect one of the URLs to your primary domain, or create an alias for one of the URLs. The alias would point that domain towards your primary domain.
Can host more than one website in a cPanel?
CPanel allows hosting of multiple websites under a single account using Addon Domains. Add on Domains’ Document Roots are created as subfolders of your main public_html folder. Addon Domains share resources with your primary CPanel account.
What is addon domain redirection?
Addon domains allow you to control multiple domains from a single account. An addon domain links a new domain name to a directory in your account, and then stores its files in that directory.
How do I add a domain to GoDaddy cPanel?
Adding an Addon Domain in cPanel
- Log in to gateway.godaddy.com.
- Under to the cPanel account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the Domains section, click Addon Domains.
- Complete the following fields, and then click Add Domain. New Domain Name — Enter the domain name you want to use.