How many European countries have hosted the Olympics?
Europe leads the world by hosting 17 Summer Olympics in different countries.
What cities have hosted Olympics?
Which U.S. cities have hosted an Olympics?
- 1904 Summer Olympics: St. …
- 1932 Winter Olympics: Lake Placid, New York. …
- 1932 Summer Olympics: Los Angeles, California. …
- 1960 Winter Olympics: Squaw Valley, California. …
- 1980 Winter Olympics: Lake Placid, New York. …
- 1984 Summer Olympics: Los Angeles, California.
What 23 cities have hosted the Olympics?
- Athens, Greece. April 6-15, 1896.
- Paris, France. May 20-October 28, 1900.
- St. Louis, Missouri, USA. July 1-November 23, 1904.
- London, England. April 27-October 31, 1908.
- Stockholm, Sweden. May 5-July 22, 1912.
- Berlin, Germany. CANCELLED.
- Antwerp, Belgium. April 20-September 12, 1920.
- Paris, France. May 4-July 27, 1924.
How many times has Europe hosted the Summer Olympics?
London is the only city to host the Summer Games three times: 1908, 1948 and 2012. In 2024, Paris will host the summer Olympics for the third time, and in 2028 LA will host the Games for the third time too.
What city has only hosted the Olympics once?
Stockholm hosted the 1912 Summer Olympics and the equestrian portion of the 1956 Summer Olympics. London became the first city to have hosted three Games with the 2012 Summer Olympics.
Host cities for Summer and Winter Olympic Games.
|Opening ceremony||30 July 1932|
|Closing ceremony||14 August 1932|